Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Help Me Take Sallie Mae to Court by Helping Me Create a Class Action Lawsuit Against Sallie Mae.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I lost my job in September of 2007. At that time I had enough money for only a few months. Assuming I would find a job within a few weeks I helped my partner with a few expenses they had. Their health had recently been questioned. Unfortunately in early December it was confirmed. They had Cancer. Although I have done my best to help them, Sallie Mae has not cared one bit about what Im going through at the moment, they rejected the deferment, they began to harass me once I ran out of money and to this day Sallie Mae does not seem to understand the circumstances I am at the moment. Enough is enough and unfortunately they are also harassing and have threatened my partner as they too have unpaid Sallie May debts. They do not care that my partner was recently diagnosed with Cancer so I need your help to make them and force them to listen! Below are a few links that prove I am not the only one who has had unfortunate events and have Sallie Mae simply "laugh at them" without caring one bit. Now is your chance to help me take Sallie Mae to court and file a class action lawsuit. 


http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/05/60minutes/main1591583.shtml

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2007/05/13/sallie_mae_called_out_once_again/

http://sallie-mae-warning.blogspot.com/2007/03/smacketh-of-down-commenceth.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/sallie_mae.html

http://parentstudentloans.wordpress.com/2007/04/27/sallie-mae-under-investigation-for-illegal-practices/

http://chronicle.com/news/article/2177/senator-kennedy-accuses-sallie-mae-and-nelnet-of-abusive-treatment-of-borrowers

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/297/RipOff0297190.htm

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one seems to care. I have written to Senators, Atty. Generals, and Sallie Mae itself. WE PAY FORBEARANCE FEES...WHICH ARE LIKE LOAN SHARK FEES. 50.00 PER LOAN UP TO THREE (THEN IT IS 150.00 EVRERY THREE MONTHS.) Their payments (Even when they "Help," someone), are outrageous and their interest and fees sick. This company is operating like the Mob and no one cares.

Teacherman said...

You are RIGHT! No one cares. I now email my Senator EVERY TIME Sallie Mae calls me. Maybe he will get the hint.

Unknown said...

ANY time ANYONE wants to SUE them in class action or otherwise, put me down for it! 60% service connection(VA) and they still refusing to forgive and remove my loans...

Unknown said...

Hey guys i just thought I should chime in as well. My wife owes SM money and they call her, me, and everyone else in her family multiple times a day. We've tried to reason with them and get her monthly payments reduced to something managable but they refuse to work with us then say that they will sue us for not trying to make arrangements. If there's a suit count me in. Email me at spccrain307@hotmail.com if something starts.

Unknown said...

My name is Cotina Richmond and as soon as i finished school and before i got out they wrte calling me on a daily basis.it got so bad that i had to change my number. Then they started sending out bills without co,puting my income. Everytime i would send the bill in i would tell them i could not send the payment in that they where asking of me and that i had to send in less because i was not working. They would ignore my letters and add interst fees to the next bill aling woth penalties. It hard enonough when you dont have a job and thwn got to get harrasing letters in the mail. Email me at cotina.richmond@aol.com. I want to be in on the class action lawsuit.

Unknown said...

Im so full at this point with this Mob company. THey are harrassing me early morning late nights, weekends, holidays. This is the ugly nasty part they are going as far as lies, telling my neighbors ans family i gave them their information to contact and publizes my information.
Now they are harrassing this older woman who is upset asking me why did I give them here number...are you kidding me...I didn't...I don't even have ur number. Income is limited and when I do send a payment..heck they harrass meaner as if you sent nothing..I encountering all sorts of stress and mental attacks. Family, friends,and neighbors think Im giving out their information..why lie Sallie Mae..This needs to taken care of..its time for some relief because I know this isnt legal. I can see if the schools helped with seeking a job to cover but noo..they dont. Im in with a suit against them

Tired and distress,